The Startegic Planning and Performance Management Department works closely with Abu Dhabi Vocational Education and Training Institute (ADVETI) and the Institute of Applied Technology (IAT) to develop targets and initiatives that are aligned with ACTVET vision, mission and priorities by monitoring achievements and implementation plans.
In addition, the department seeks to engage with industry leaders and foster strategic partnerships with both UAE and international organizations to advance the status of technical and vocational education and training in Abu Dhabi, and to create opportunities for Emiratis to take the lead in delivering Abu Dhabi’s 2030 Economic Vision and achieve Abu Dhabi Emirate plan 2016-2020.
Planning and Development Department Functions:
- Manage the overall development of ACTVET Strategic Plan in alignment with mission, vision, values and objectives set by Emiri Decree.
- Manage annual review and update of the Strategic Plan.
- Monitor performance against strategic goals.
- Work closely with ACTVET Heads of Departments to align ACTVET corporate strategy to its departmental strategies and TVET institutions.
- Establish TVET sector strategic KPIs in consultation with stakeholders.
- Provide data, applied research and business analysis to inform the strategic planning cycle.
- Analyze performance against TVET sector strategic KPIs.
- Design, develop and incubate strategic priority projects.
- Identify, assess and plan for all major risks which threaten the achievement of objectives.
- Collect, consolidate, analyze and share TVET data including population data, educational data, TVET institutional data and labor market data.
- Prepare strategic plan for innovation in TVET sector and monitor its execution and spread the culture of innovation in the institutional work environment and promote best practices innovation.
- Plan, monitor, supervise & manage ACTVET projects and MOUs follow up.
- Lead the co-ordination of ACTVET’s internal data to ensure optimum data sharing across the organization.